RS232 ELM327 v1.2 VPW, PWM, KWP, ISO, CAN Bus Interface
The time has arrived where anyone can now diagnose their car, easily and affordably! Here is an adapter that does all of the hard work of protocol translation into a simple ASCII character based view.
Via the included serial cable, this adapter is used as an interface to connect virtually all OBD-II compliant vehicles to a PC for on-board diagnostics (OBD). Such vehicles are VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Opel, Vauxhall, Alfa, Mercedes, Smart, Renault, BMW, Peugeot, Citroen, Lotus, Ford, Rover, Aston Martin, Ferrari, etc.
You can also use it with many other software products that require a ELM327 compliant interface, examples of which are listed below in the Supported Software section.
- ELM327 Chipset based design.
- Supports 9 protocols in all - SAE J1850 PWM, SAE J1850 VPW, ISO 9141-2 and ISO 14230-4 as well as CAN Bus ISO 15765-4.
- Precision-moulded diagnostic connector made to fit all VW/Audi vehicles, even those with "tight" trim around diagnostic socket.
- RS232 Serial port design.
- RS232 rates Important -> use only 38400 baud.
- Internal EEPROM can remember the last protocol.
- Voltage input monitors your vehicle battery.
New for v1.2
- RS232 baud rates to 500 Kbps
- Adaptive Timing automatically adjusts ST timeouts
- Power up to AT MA is selectable
- Source (tester) address can be changed
- Can reset all PPs with a jumper
- Receive addresses can be independently set
ISO 9141 and ISO 14230:
- Complete control over in frame responses (IFRs)
- Delay before protocol 2 helps with some GM/Holden vehicles
- The slow initiation address can now be varied
- Control over key word checking
- KWP protocols can now transmit 3 or 4 byte headers
- New J1939 protocol
- Two user-definable CAN protocols
- Improved error handling and recovery
- ELM327 Based - Datasheet
- OBDII Plug: J1962 16-Pin Male (to Car)
- Serial Port : DB-9 Female (to Computer or PDA)
- High quality UL certified Serial Cables (equivalent to CE).
- CAN (ISO 15765-4)
- SAE J1850 PWM
- SAE J1850 VPW
- ISO 9141-2
- ISO 14230-4
- Automatically searches for the correct protocol or can be configured manually.
- RS232 interface runs at 38400 baud.
- RS232 port is 8 bit data, no parity, 1 stop bit.
- Serial Interface uses AT commands to look like a modem.
- Status LED
- Length with RS232 Lead : 1.5 metres
- Weight : About 180g
- Color : Black
How To Use:
- Turn the car's ignition switch ON. No need to start the engine.
- Start the software program, click "Options", select the correct communications port.
- Your interface now works! Make sure the software can reliably access all the control modules that it should in your car.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 15 February, 2016.