Professional ISO OBD-II / VAGCOM / AlfaDiag / VOL-FCR KKL RS232 Interface
This interface (adapter) is used as an interface and a serial cable to connect an ISO compliant vehicle to a PC for on-board diagnostics (OBD). Such vehicles are VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Volvo, Opel, Vauxhall, Alfa, Mercedes, BMW, etc.
It is fully compatible with the diagnostic software version 409.1 from VAG-COM. VAG-COM is a software program that turns your PC into a sophisticated VW/Audi diagnostic tool, which performs the functions of a factory VAG-1551 or VAG-1552 scan tool and more. Users of AlfaDiag will find no problems with using this interface.
It is also compatible with the VOL-FCR PC based Volvo Code Reader software which can be downloaded from here.
You can also use it with other software that require a passive ISO compliant interface, examples of which are listed below in the Supported Software section.
- MAX232 Chipset based design.
- Fully automatic support for 2002+ Audi models with dual K-lines.
- Precision-moulded diagnostic connector made to fit all VW/Audi vehicles, even those with "tight" trim around diagnostic socket.
- Works flawlessly with 3xx & 4xx versions of Ross-Tech's VAG-COM, and other VW/Audi car diagnostic software like:
- AlfaDiag a diagnostic software solution for Alfa Romeo vehicles
- Vol-FCR for Volvos.
- ShadeTree Software's ProDiag (for PalmOS PDAs)
- VAG Diagnose (super powerful VAG DMA tool that runs in DOS), and many more...
- RS232 Serial port design, supports challenging time-critical applications like serial EEPROM programming and ECU Tuning
- Please note: this interface does not support SAEJ1850-VPW, SAEJ1850-PWM or CAN.
- OBDII Plug: J1962 16-Pin Male (to Car)
- Serial Port : DB-9 Female (to Computer or PDA)
- High quality UL certified Serial Cables (equivalent to CE).
- KWP1281 and KWP2000 protocol compatible
- Dual K line and single L line for ECU wake-up
- Built-in, Electronic Protection from the "Aftermarket Radio Problem".
- Status LED
- Can be used with a 2+2 adapter for older VW and Audis (available here!)
- Length : 1.5 metres
- Weight : About 180g
- Color : Black
- Ross-Tech VAG-COM
Versions: 3xx, 409
- Alex Peper's OBD-II Tool at http://www.obd-2.com/. Please note that this will not work unless you register the software with Alex.
- VOL-FCR PC Based Code Reader for Volvos
- BMW Cartune
- ShadeTree Software ProDiag 1.0x (for PalmOS)
Palm III, Palm V/Vx, Palm VII, HandSpring Visor Series, HandEra TRG, SONY
Please visit ShadeTreeSoftware's website for complete list of compatible PDAs.
- VAG Diagnose (for DOS)
Supports powerful Direct Memory Access (DMA) which allows users to modify RAM/EEPROM/SEEPROM directly through the cable without ever touching the controller cover
- REVO Lemmiwinks ECU Tuning
- APR Immobiliser Information Reader
- LINUX based freeware OBD-II tool FreeDiag
- ECU Tuning Applications (please consult the vendors)
- Other diagnostic and tuning software.
How To Use:
- Turn the car's ignition switch ON. No need to start the engine.
- Start the VAG-COM program, click "Options", select the correct communications port. Use "Test" to confirm that the program can use the port and find the interface. Then "Save".
- Your interface now works! Make sure the software can reliably access all the control modules that it should in your car.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 15 February, 2016.