If your car's Check Engine Light is on, you need this device.
The MaxiScan MS309 code reader supports all OBD2 protocols, including the newly released Controller Area Network (CAN) protocol. Though it is small, it is able to retrieve same information as large expensive scanners! This OBD-II Code Reader is a handy device for car-owners, DIY customers and even professional technicians to read OBD II diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) from the on-board computers (ECUs) of 1996 and newer vehicles. With this smart reader, you are able to immediately self-troubleshoot the cause of the "Check Engine" light wherever you are. The Code Reader will also enable the user to erase the trouble codes and shut off (reset) the check-engine light as soon as the vehicle is repaired.
If you have got a connector in your car that looks like this: Then the chances are that this code reader will work for you!
Features & Benefits
● Works with all US 1996, EU 2000 (petrol), EU 2004 (diesel) and newer vehicles that are OBD2 compliant (including CAN)
● Reads and clears generic and manufacturer specific Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and turns off
check engine light
● Supports multiple trouble code requests: generic codes, pending codes and manufacturer specific codes
● Reviews the emission readiness status of OBD monitors
● Determines the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) status
● Retrieves VIN (Vehicle Identification No.), CIN and CVN on 2002 and newer vehicles that support Mode 9
● Easy to use with one plug-in
● No batteries needed-powered via OBD2 cable
● Multi-lingual menu and DTC definitions - English, French, Spanish, German.
● Display: Backlit LCD, 2-line, 8 characters
● Operating Temperature: 0 to 50°C (-32 to 122 F°)
● Storage Temperature: -20 to 70°C (-4 to 158 F°)
● Power: 10.0 to 15.5 Volts provided via vehicle battery
Length Width Height
113 mm ( 4.4”) 74 mm ( 2.9”) 21mm (0.83”)
● NW: 0.25 Kg(0.45lb), GW: 0.27Kg(0.50lb)
CAN-BUS, VPW, PWM, KWP2000, ISO9141, EKWP2000
Easy To Use:
When your "Check Engine" light or "Service Engine Soon" lights up, stop the car and apply the parking brake.
Start the engine, and then plug the code reader into the 16-pin diagnostic socket (OBD-II connector) usually located under the instrument panel in the car.
Push the Read button and the unit automatically gets the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) in less than 10 seconds.
Identify the trouble codes and retrieve their detailed descriptions by looking up the Diagnostic Trouble Codes(DTCs) list in the enclosed user manual.
Know what is wrong and save yourself lots of money!!!!
Fault Code Types
The MS309 will read the following DTCs:
P Codes P0, P2, P3
U Codes U0
Manufacturer specific P1, P3 and U1 codes.
Even though later VAG vehicles are OBD-II compliant, please use the VAG405 VAG Trouble Code Reader .
If your petrol passenger vehicle was manufactured for sale in Europe, with the model year of 2001 or newer (and in some cases 2000), you have the EOBD / OBDII interface. EOBD diesel vehicles start with the 2004 model years. Some Asian models such as Subaru were OBD-II before 2000.
Generally these went OBD-II from around 1996. For example:
GM/Vauxhall/Opel/Holden '96 - Current Year (OBD-II)
Ford '96 - Current Year (OBD-II)
Chrysler '96 - Current Year (OBD-II)
Toyota '96 - Current Year (OBD-II)
Honda '96 - Current Year (OBD-II)
NISSAN '96 - Current Year (OBD-II)
All other Asian and European '02 - Current Year (OBD-II) i.e. Porsche, Opel, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Renault, Peugeot, Citroen, Daewoo, Alfa Romeo, Hyudai, Daihatsu, Lancia, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Kia, Saab, Subaru, Smart etc
- Works on any Universal OBD2 or EOBD Vehicle.
- Supports ISO, VPW and PWM bus systems as well as can bus systems
- U.S. Models - European - Japanese - Asian - German - Korean:
- Suitable for almost all US cars after 1996 - European cars after 2000.
The MS309 works on all OBD-II compliant CANBUS vehicles. A lot of other types of code readers do not work on CAN-BUS based cars.