Professional ISO OBD-II / VAGCOM ALFADIAG KKL USB Interface
This interface (adapter) is used as an interface and a serial cable to connect an ISO compliant vehicle to a PC for on-board diagnostics (OBD) via your PC's USB port. . Such vehicles are VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Opel, Vauxhall, Alfa, Mercedes, BMW, etc.
Fully compatible with the diagnostic software version 409.1 from VAG-COM. VAG-COM is a software program that turns your PC into a sophisticated VW/Audi diagnostic tool, which performs the functions of a factory VAG-1551 or VAG-1552 scan tool and more. Users of AlfaDiag will find no problems with using this interface.
- FTDI USB Chipset based design.
- Drivers can be downloaded here.
- Fully automatic support for 2002+ Audi models with dual K-lines (not CAN).
- Works flawlessly with 409 twin USB version of Ross-Tech's VAG-COM, and other VW/Audi car diagnostic software like:
- DNEcuDiag - Open source ECU Scanner
- AlfaDiag a diagnostic software solution for Alfa Romeo vehicles
- ShadeTree Software's ProDiag (for PalmOS PDAs)
- VAG Diagnose (super powerful VAG DMA tool that runs in DOS), and many more...
- Ideal for laptops and PDAs with no RS232 port.
- Please note: this interface does not support SAEJ1850-VPW, SAEJ1850-PWM nor CAN.
- OBDII Plug: J1962 16-Pin Male (to Car)
- USB Port : Type A (to PC, Laptop or PDA)
- High quality UL certified Serial Cables (equivalent to CE)
- KWP1281 and KWP2000 compatible
- Double K Line Interface.
- Built-in, Electronic Protection from the "Aftermarket Radio Problem".
- Can be used with a 2+2 adapter for older VW and Audis (available here!)
- Latest SMD Design (no opto-isolators needed)
- Length : 1.5 metres
- Weight : About 120g
- Color : Blue
- FTDI USB Chipset Drivers can be downloaded from here.
- Ross-Tech VAG-COM - Please use the serial RS232 version - the FTDI drivers emulate a COM Port to coincide with the interface, just select this COM Port from VAG-COM's set-up.
- AlfaDiag supported!
- BMW Cartune
- ShadeTree Software ProDiag 1.0x (for PalmOS)
Palm III, Palm V/Vx, Palm VII, HandSpring Visor Series, HandEra TRG, SONY
Please visit ShadeTreeSoftware's website for complete list of compatible PDAs
- REVO Lemmiwinks ECU Tuning
- APR Immobilizer Information Reader
- LINUX based freeware OBD-II tool FreeDiag
- ECU Tuning Applications (please consult the vendors)
- Other diagnostic and tuning software
How To Use:
- Turn the car's ignition switch ON. No need to start the engine.
- Start the VAG-COM or AlfaDiag program, click "Options", select the correct communications port. Use "Test" to confirm that the program can use the port and find the interface. Then "Save".
- Your interface now works! Make sure the software can reliably access all the control modules that it should in your car.