Professional ISO OBD-II / VAGCOM ALFADIAG KKL USB Interface
This interface (adapter) is used as an interface and a serial cable to connect an ISO compliant vehicle to a PC for on-board diagnostics (OBD) via your PC's USB port. . Such vehicles are VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Opel, Vauxhall, Alfa, Mercedes, BMW, etc.
Fully compatible with the diagnostic software version 409.1 from VAG-COM. VAG-COM is a software program that turns your PC into a sophisticated VW/Audi diagnostic tool, which performs the functions of a factory VAG-1551 or VAG-1552 scan tool and more. Users of AlfaDiag will find no problems with using this interface.
- FTDI USB Chipset based design.
- Drivers can be downloaded here.
- Fully automatic support for 2002+ Audi models with dual K-lines (not CAN).
- Works flawlessly with 409 twin USB version of Ross-Tech's VAG-COM, and other VW/Audi car diagnostic software like:
- DNEcuDiag - Open source ECU Scanner
- AlfaDiag a diagnostic software solution for Alfa Romeo vehicles
- ShadeTree Software's ProDiag (for PalmOS PDAs)
- VAG Diagnose (super powerful VAG DMA tool that runs in DOS), and many more...
- Ideal for laptops and PDAs with no RS232 port.
- Please note: this interface does not support SAEJ1850-VPW, SAEJ1850-PWM nor CAN.
- OBDII Plug: J1962 16-Pin Male (to Car)
- USB Port : Type A (to PC, Laptop or PDA)
- High quality UL certified Serial Cables (equivalent to CE)
- KWP1281 and KWP2000 compatible
- Double K Line Interface.
- Built-in, Electronic Protection from the "Aftermarket Radio Problem".
- Can be used with a 2+2 adapter for older VW and Audis (available here!)
- Latest SMD Design (no opto-isolators needed)
- Length : 1.5 metres
- Weight : About 120g
- Color : Blue
- FTDI USB Chipset Drivers can be downloaded from here.
- Ross-Tech VAG-COM - Please use the serial RS232 version - the FTDI drivers emulate a COM Port to coincide with the interface, just select this COM Port from VAG-COM's set-up.
- AlfaDiag supported!
- BMW Cartune
- ShadeTree Software ProDiag 1.0x (for PalmOS)
Palm III, Palm V/Vx, Palm VII, HandSpring Visor Series, HandEra TRG, SONY
Please visit ShadeTreeSoftware's website for complete list of compatible PDAs
- REVO Lemmiwinks ECU Tuning
- APR Immobilizer Information Reader
- LINUX based freeware OBD-II tool FreeDiag
- ECU Tuning Applications (please consult the vendors)
- Other diagnostic and tuning software
How To Use:
- Turn the car's ignition switch ON. No need to start the engine.
- Start the VAG-COM or AlfaDiag program, click "Options", select the correct communications port. Use "Test" to confirm that the program can use the port and find the interface. Then "Save".
- Your interface now works! Make sure the software can reliably access all the control modules that it should in your car.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 15 February, 2016.